by Kristen Bagwell
I've figured it out. TGIF, by the way.
After several days of tension (aka near-despair) at work, I've had a revelation: it's me. It is! Not only has my attitude been showing like a raggedy slip under a cute dress, but it has become evident that I really need to get my act together.
Case in point: in the car this morning, I'm sitting at a stoplight wondering why I left earlier - but will arrive at work later - than yesterday, and decide I need to jot down some thoughts. Diving in to my purse, I came up with the following:
- One dusty paci
- 2 half-eaten bags of pretzel m&ms
- One silly band shaped like a flower
- One blue kleenex (definitely used - gross)
- One white kleenex (possibly used - still gross)
- A mascara wand outside of the mascara tube (clean, but kind of gross)
- A small pile of crushed goldfish crumbs
- One brown sharpie (brown??)
- A stray house key (ask me if I know whose this is)
- Three tubes of lip gloss, 2 of which are the same color
- One pack of Sesame Street Stickers
- One mini-kaleidoscope that sadly, no longer turns
- a bobby pin (??)
- My checkbook (THERE YOU ARE!)
- Phone (in my hand)
- Wallet (in the basket of kid things behind my seat. ??)
- PEN. Where the heck are my pens?