Welcome to Triangle Moms On Main! We know that the road through parenthood is never without mountains and valleys, and we are here to accompany you on that ride. This website is your online magazine, filled with daily articles that range from “fun and free” to informational. Whether you have a toddler, teen, or one in between, we will have something for you!
Triangle Moms on Main is easy to use, and no membership or fee is required - simply pop in when you have the time. Use us as a resource, a community sharing place, or just a break from your every day routine. (Don’t forget to bookmark us on your “favorites” list!) When you arrive on our website, you’ll find yourself on Main Street. Here’s how it works:
- Our daily blog will probably be your first stop each day. (That’s a good thing, because we will have new content daily.) You can access this blog by clicking on the sunny Daily Blog link, or by scrolling down directly under the Main Street image.
- Each daily blog will be archived into one of our Main Street categories after it runs. You can see the 3 most recent articles in each category by scrolling down below the Daily Blog.
- Each building on Main Street is a content category. For example, the little café with the umbrella table outside is the Food category; the blue storefront with clothing in the windows is the Shopping category, and so on. You may also click on the tabs above Main Street to access these category pages.
- Within each category, you will find subcategories. The Education category will have Preschool, Elementary, Day Care, and other topic links to help you find exactly what you need.
- Most articles will be archived under more than one sub-category in order to make the navigation process easier.
- In addition to our focused content, we will also be compiling helpful directories. (Check out our Kids Eat Free directory – it’s our most popular list! We’ll also list Preschools, Sports, Day Cares, Realtors, Dining, etc.) These can always be found under the Local Resources link.
- While the majority of our blogs will be written by our Triangle founder (Kristen) and our Triad co-founders (Katie and Rachel), we welcome guest bloggers at any time! Please email Kristen at Kristen@trianglemomsonmain.com with your ideas and we’ll walk you through the guest blogging process.
- Our newsletter and our facebook page are the two primary resources for new information, contests, and giveaway alerts. Please sign up for both! We will send our newsletter once a week on Wednesdays. If the newsletter is sponsored by a local business, you may also receive coupons or discounts.
- Everyone loves a Giveaway, so we will run them as often as we can. The current Giveaway can always be found just above/to the right of Main Street on the Giveaways tab. There are no strings attached for the giveaway – no purchase required, no agreement to sign – we simply ask that you are a Triangle Moms On Main newsletter subscriber.
When you enter a giveaway, you will have the opportunity to have your email added to the mailing list of the business sponsoring the giveaway, but you may always opt out.
- The tab next to our giveaway button will feature seasonal information that you will want to find easily. Currently, you will see “Mom’s Choice Awards,” which will begin within the next two weeks.
- We LOVE your comments! We do our best to get you as much information as possible, but our readers always know even more. Please share your thoughts and ideas with us by commenting on daily blogs. This also helps us to know what you like, what you don’t like, and what you want to see more of on Triangle MoMs!
- Events are a key part of any parent’s life, and we want to have the premier calendar of events for area families. This calendar will be updated constantly, so if you have something to add, please email Kristen at Kristen@trianglemomsonmain.com. (You can always find our event calendar by clicking on the billboard with the balloons.)
- Our local community is the number one focus of this website. If you are involved in a project that we need to know about, please email us! We are always looking for moms who are making a difference in the lives of others, so please inform us if you know someone who fits the bill.
- We truly value the relationships we can build with our partners and advertisers. Please email Kristen at Kristen@trianglemomsonmain.com to receive advertising information.
- As you can see at the top of our website, we have a partner site in the Greensboro/Winston Salem/High Point area. Click on Triad, NC to visit and help us spread the word to any of your friends in that area.
So is everyone in” information overload” status yet? We have lots of info to give you and lots of fun to share. Triangle Moms On Main will become a simple resource tool for you to use as you log on each day and get the feel for our site. Please feel free to email us any time with comments, questions or suggestions.
Thanks for logging on, and welcome to our Main Street!